Twitter confirms that Beyonce's pregnancy reveal was the most tweeted about topic of 2011.
Have a sip of our vanilla flavored brew:
- Now that the year is almost over, Twitter can officially confirm that Beyonce’s pregnancy was the most tweeted about topic of the year. Queen Bey’s announcement at the 2011 VMAs beat out the Royal Wedding, Osama Bin Laden’s capture, and Steve Job’s death with 8,868 tweets per second. [That Grape Juice]
- The hit TV show “Glee” is planning one of the biggest episodes ever. On January 24th the popular show will air its highly anticipated Michael Jackson-themed episode! [EURweb]
- The Smithsonian Channel will air original news footage of the day Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee. It will be the first time anyone has seen it since April 4, 1968. [Huffington Post]
- Nina Simone’s daughter has filed a $155M lawsuit against her father. Lisa Simone Kelly claims her father “improperly” took personal writings, diaries, letters, photos, master recordings and more that belonged to her mother. [EURweb]
- Will.i.am is busy these days. On top of working on his own album, he’s signed up to be vocal coach on the U.K. version of “The Voice.” “I’m proud to be doing ‘The Voice’ U.K. because the U.K. was the first place I saw success. It’s the place I’m most creative outside of home,” he says. [Perez Hilton]
- The trailer for Jennifer Hudson’s new film “The Three Stooges” has finally been released! Check out Ms. Hudson in this quick snippet… she’s a sangin’ nun!
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!