- Beyonce displayed her famous vocals at the White House State Dinner last night, and yes, her hubby Jay-Z was by her side. [AP]
- While in Maryland talking to a group of second-graders about fitness, Michelle Obama revealed her daughters’ workout secrets, beginning with Wii Fit. [People]
- Diana Ross performed at NYC’s Radio City Music Hall last night. The diva brought the house down, okay.
- Oscar-nominated “Precious” director Lee Daniels will be honored with a Career Achievement Award at the 14th Annual American Black Film Festival in Miami, Florida. [FilmLife]
- Oprah Winfrey is looking for “the net big TV star.” [AOLBV]
- Don’t feel guilty for ordering that extra glass of wine at dinner. A new study found that people who drink half a bottle of vino a day are healthier. But ladies, we said wine — not vodka and not whiskey. [Fox]
- TV personality Rolonda Watts is headed back to her investigative journalism roots as a guest host on HLN’s “Nancy Grace.” [AOLBV]
- Maybe R. Kelly is trying to redeem himself for that “Pregnant” song. Whatever it is, we love his song “Sign of a Victory” with the Soweto Spiritual Singers for the 2010 World Cup. It’s reminiscent of “I Believe I Can Fly.” Thoughts.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!