Beyonce celebrating her 30th birthday in Venice is our top story this morning.
It’s the unofficial start of fall! See what autumn-flavored java we’re sipping on:
- Turning 30 never looked so good. Beyonce spent her birthday weekend in Venice, Italy with hubby Jay-Z. It’s been a big week for the couple as they announced they’re expecting their first child. Congratulations and again, Happy Birthday! [People]
- The music world is morning the loss of a talented musician, McKinely “Bug” Williams of Maze. The famed drummer passed away on Friday, September 2nd. News reports say he wasn’t feeling well at practice that day and was later found unresponsive. [EURweb]
- China has banned Beyonce’s “Who Run the World,” along with several Lady Gaga songs and one Katy Perry song featuring Kanye West. According to one report, the songs aren’t offensive, but they were not submitted to the government for approval. [EURweb]
- Soulja Boy is in hot water this morning with our armed forces. Apparently, he says “fu*k the troops” in a new song called “Let’s Be Real,” and many are offended. Military Veteran Fred A. Flores is not too pleased. “It’s a very offensive statement, especially with the 10th anniversary of 9/11 coming up.” [Perez Hilton]
- Mariah Carey is back in the studio! She’s teaming with Tony Bennett for his 85th Birthday album. Take a quick lesson on what the classic duo has been cooking up! [Vibe]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!