Beyoncé urges everyone to perform an act of kindness for World Humanitarian Day.
See why we’re having a cheese danish with our brew:
- Beyoncé is gearing up for World Humanitarian Day by appearing on CNN with Anderson Cooper to discuss her participation in the project. “We all have our purpose and we all have our strengths and I don’t know if it’s selfish or unselfish, but it feels so wonderful for someone else,” she says. “And I think for the U.N. to want to include the whole world was something important, and that’s what I represent.” Above all, she hopes to perform a random act of kindness each and every day in hopes to inspire others around the world to do the same. Check out a clip of the interview below, and on August 19 check out her special video “I Was Here,” which was filmed at the U.N. last week. Will you be pitching in on August 19 for World Humanitarian Day? [CNN]
- Blair Underwood has signed a major deal with Universal Television, to star in a new series developed especially for him. In addition, if the series tanks, his new contract will allow him to star in a different show. [Deadline]
- Yesterday, ESSENCE Music Festival alumna Aretha Franklin was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. Sadly, she wasn’t able to attend the event but sent a video message in her absence. [EURweb]
- Halle Berry heads to court this morning to prove it’s unsafe for her and Nahla to remain in the United States. Berry will ask the judge to grant her permission to move to Paris with her fiancé, Olivier Martinez. [TMZ]
- Katherine Jackson, along with Michael’s three kids, will be attending “Goin’ Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It?” It’s a hometown four-day celebration in Gary, Indiana, celebrating the life of the late King of Pop. The event kicks off on August 29 and runs through September 1. [Extra]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!