Terrell Owens may be heading to jail over a missed court appearance.
It’s Monday! Take a look at why we’re grinding our own beans this morning:
- As if Terrell Owens didn’t have enough trouble on his hands these days, a judge issued a warrant for his arrest for failing to appear in court over child support payments. Owens has requested his payments be lowered because they are based on his 2007 Cowboy salary of $11-12M a year. Not to mention, several weeks ago it was reported that he allegedly tried to commit suicide, but he later denied those claims. [TMZ]
- Eddie Murphy and team gave it a good shot with “Tower Heist,” but managed to come in at number two over the weekend — earning $25.1M at the box office. [Huffington Post]
- Could Ashanti replace Fergie in the Black Eyed Peas? It’s a strong possibility. Rumors are swirling that she may be tapped as Fergie is planning to take a break. [Punchbowl Blog]
- Kelly Rowland promises to leave “X-Factor” if producers shake up the casting. “I don’t want anybody touching my girls. I’m not giving Misha and Janet up for anyone. I’d walk before I gave them up,” she told the Sun. [YBF]
- Legendary boxer Joe Frazier now enters the fight of his life. He’s been diagnosed with liver cancer and has entered hospice care. He’s 67 years old. [People]
- Despite a public outcry to nix Kim Kardashian from Tyler Perry’s new film “Marriage Counselor,” he’s standing firm to keep her in place. “She is scheduled to work as planned,” he says. [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!