ESSENCE Music Festival performer Anthony Hamilton and his wife welcome Princeton Harris.
See why we’re ordering a tall hot coffee:
- ESSENCE Music Festival performer Anthony Hamilton and his wife, Tarsha, welcomed a baby boy days ago. The couple named their new son Princeton Harris Hamilton. “I wanna say thanks to my family, friends and fans all over the world…. My new blessed son. Born covered in the blood of Christ. Amen,” Hamilton tweeted. Princeton is the couple’s third child and Hamilton’s sixth. [Black Celeb Kids]
- Common is set to star in a remake of the 1977 classic film The Man Who Loved Women. So far, the film’s director J. Kevin Swain is seeking out Alicia Keys, Taraji P. Henson, Kerry Washington, Evan Marcelle and more to play the women in Common’s life. [Shadow & Act]
- Gospel star Hezekiah Walker will do a live recording in Central Park, much like Diana Ross did years ago. Walker says its always been a dream of his to do a live session in New York’s most celebrated park. There’s no word on when the concert will take place. [EURweb]
- William Balfour, the man convicted of killing Jennifer Hudson’s family, is asking for a new trial. His lawyers maintain that Jennifer Hudson should have never testified. A hearing is set for July 24. If denied, he will be sentenced that day to life in prison. [Urban Daily]
- Marvin Sapp has chosen a principal for his charter school in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Tamela Brown will head the Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology (GREAAT) on the rounds of Sapp’s Lighthouse Full Life Center Church. The school will open its doors this fall to 225 sixth, seventh and eighth graders. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!