At this year's Black Ball, Alicia Keys will honor philanthropic star Oprah for her work.
Check out why we’re having dark roasted coffee this morning:
- Alicia Keys’ HIV/AIDS charity “Keep a Child Alive” is set to honor Oprah Winfrey this fall at its annual Black Ball event on November 1. Keys says Winfrey is a “personal inspiration to me because her philanthropic work truly comes from the heart.” In the past, the organization has honored Bill Clinton, Sir Richard Branson and Bono. This year’s theme will pay “special tribute to the empowerment of women – the heartbeat, soul, and backbone of the AIDS movement.” [EURweb]
- Jennifer Hudson wants a baby girl. The actress and singer says, “Give me another year or two… It’s always been a dream to have a boy first and then a little girl so he’d be the big brother.” [Black Celeb Kids]
- RUN-D.M.C. will reunite for the Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin. “We couldn’t be more excited,” said festival producer James Moody. “Run-D.M.C. is one of our favorite bands and one of the most influential groups of all time.” The festival will kick off on November 2 and run through the 4th. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have picked up an amazing summer home in the Hamptons. The couple is paying a whopping $150,000 to stay at a 7,500 sq. ft. home that includes six bedrooms, six and half baths, a pool, a movie theater and more. [Perez Hilton]
- After being released from jail on Friday on $1M bail, George Zimmerman is being held at a Florida safe house. The home is reportedly flanked in security. He is charged with second degree murder and is currently awaiting trial. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!