50 Cent plans to feed the world with a billion meals.
See what flavor of Folgers we’re sipping on today:
- 50 Cent is the latest celebrity to use his star power for good. He says for every ‘like’ he receives on his Facebook Street King page he will donate a meal. If he receives a million likes by Sunday he will donate an extra million. The rapper says he will donate one meal for every Street King drink he sells over the next five years — leading up to a billion meals. Go 50 Cent for help the world! [Clutch Magazine]
- Director John Singleton is seeking $20M from Paramount studios for backing out of a deal they struck. Apparently, after agreeing to do “Hustle & Flow,” the studio was supposed to back two additional movies by Singleton and haven’t done so. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Tyra Banks says she began to lose her hair over writing her New York Times Best-Selling novel “Modelland.” “In hindsight that wasn’t healthy. How can I say this without tearing up? I got a little alopecia from the stress,” she said. [YBF]
- Although Kanye West has released two album in the past 12 months, he took to his Twitter account to announce he’s working on new music. He says a new G.O.O.D. music album should be out by the spring of 2012. [PunchBowl]
- Gospel duo BeBe and CeCe Winans will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today! The two began their career in 1982 — it’s been a long journey! [EURweb]
- Etta James is calling it quits. After releasing her new album, “The Dreamer” this coming Tuesday, she’s retiring to focus on her failing health. “I wish to thank all of my fans who have shown me love and support over all these years. I love you all,” she said. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!