- Chris Brown’s video for his single “12 Strands (Matrix)” is action-packed. View the teaser below.
- A Tea Party group in Iowa created a billboard that compares President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler and Vladimir Lenin. Even some Tea Party members are condemning the ad. [AOLBV]
- A Michael Jackson fan club in Southern California is petitioning Forest Lawn Cemetery to let them clean up the graffiti on the King of Pop’s tomb. [TMZ]
- During a show in Brazil, 50 Cent was attacked on stage by excited fans. [MTV UK]
- MTV says it didn’t ban Ciara’s clip for “Ride” from its daytime video rotation. [EURWeb]
- Six police officers in New Orleans have been charged with murdering unarmed people in the days following Hurricane Katrina. [NYTimes]
- Lawrence Taylor plead not guilty to charges that he paid a teenage girl $300 for sex. [DFP]
- Leave it to Wendy Williams to call out Chad Ochocinco on his “preference” for non-Black women on his reality show, “The Ultimate Catch.” “If I have a preference… it don’t matter,” Ochocinco said. [People]
- Keke Palmer is a high school grad. Congratulations, Keke! [S2S]
- Citizens of Detroit will have to front the bill for Kwame Kilpatrick’s legal fees as the former Detroit mayor got a court-appointed lawyer. [DFP]
- Debra Wilson, who played Oprah Winfrey for years on MadTV, says she wouldn’t play Oprah in the media queen’s upcoming biopic, based on the biography by Kitty Kelley. [NYpost]
- Haitians applying for temporary protection status in the U.S. have six more months to register. [CNN]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!