The former NFL star will also under anger management counseling.
See why we’re adding a dash of skim to our brew:
• Chad Johnson has struck a plea deal that will keep him out of jail. Today, the former Miami Dolphin player is expected to plead guilty or no contest to misdemeanor battery charges for allegedly head-butting ex-wife Evelyn Lozada. As a result, he will receive probation and undergo anger management counseling in lieu of jail time. Johnson also agreed to a no-contact order with Lozada. [TMZ]
• Denzel Washington is a man of God. He told GQ magazine, “I read from the Bible every day, and I read my Daily Word. I read something great yesterday. It said, ‘Don’t aspire to make a living. Aspire to make a difference.'” He also told the men’s publication he doesn’t know how to be a celebrity. [Root]
• Former doctor, Conrad Murray, is writing a tell-all book about his late friend, Michael Jackson. He’s set to share intimate details that the King of Pop revealed about his family, kids and child molestation trial. [Radar]
• Alicia Keys tapped Beyoncé and Carole King to perform at this year’s Black Ball Event. The gala for Keys’ Keep a Child Alive charity will honor Oprah Winfrey and Angélique Kidjo for their philanthropic work on November 1, 2012. [Grio]
• Kerry Washington says she’s not interested in running for office despite playing a Capital Hill power player on Scandal. She says, “I’m in the administration now and I’m very honored to serve and to serve in an appointed position but running for office is something I am not interested in in any way shape or form.” [People]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!