The 2000 MTV “Cribs” episode of Destiny’s Child has resurfaced just in time for #FlashbackFriday and it’s quite literally gold. In the episode, we take a nostalgic trip to the late ‘90s and early 2000s with a tour of Beyoncé and Kelly’s Houston home.
True to form, Beyoncé, Kelly and Michelle are in matching outfits, and a young Solange makes a cameo in flipped-up hair pulled back with a bandana. Classic.
Highlights of the episode include (but are not limited to):
1. A look at Destiny’s Child’s music video costumes courtesy of Mama Tina Knowles
2. Beyoncé’s prayer to have Lenny Kravitz work on their next album
3. The shade Beyoncé and Michelle throw Kelly for not having pictures of them in her room
4. Kelly’s box of exes – remember Candie’s?
5. Beyoncé’s Indian-inspired bedroom and Tina Knowles’ customized bedspread
6. The pool where Beyoncé and Kelly taught Michelle to swim
7. Destiny’s Child gives MTV the boot in fake rotten teeth
Not to mention the numerous times they broke into song and dance of their hits “Independent Woman,” “Say My Name” and even Christina Aguilera’s “Genie in a Bottle.”
They’ve come so far!
WANT MORE FROM ESSENCE? Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.