My hair is…Natural!
I started my hair journey…December 18, 2008 when I cut off all my relaxed hair. I wanted to incorporate healthier options in my beauty/hair care routine, and was just curious about what my natural hair texture was like.
My current hair regimen includes…
- • Weekly/Bi-weekly deep conditioning
- • Weekly cleansing with a sulfate-free shampoo or cleanser
- • Detangling with either conditioner or hair oil
- • Weekly leave-in conditioner and moisturizing styling product
- • Trims every 3-6 months
My favorite hair products include…
- 1. EDEN BodyWorks’ All Natural Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner and Hair Milk, Peppermint Tea Trea Shampoo and Hair Oil and Coconut Shea Leave-in Conditioner and Pudding Souffle
- 2. Karen’s Body Beautiful’s Butter Love, Sweet Ambrosia Leave-in Conditioner, and Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream
- 3. Alikay Naturals’ Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo, Lemongrass Leave-in Conditioner, Honey Sage Deep Conditioner, and Moisturizing Hair Parfait
- 4. Koils by Nature’s Herbal Soothing Curl Defining Gel and Ultra-Moisturizing CocoAloe Deep Conditioner
- 5. OBIA’s Moisturizing Hair Cream
The secret to having healthy hair is… Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise, keeping a clean scalp, moisturized hair, and regularly trimmed ends. I also recommend visiting a professional hair stylist at least every six months to ensure your hair is in tiptop shape.
My biggest hair challenge is… I have multiple textures and curl patterns throughout my head. Sometimes it makes it difficult to style and achieve certain looks.
I love my hair because… It’s healthy and unique to me. It’s one of my favorite accessories!
My hair crush is… McKenzie Renae. Her tapered Fro is amazing! I’d love to cut my hair, but I’m not a fan of short hair on myself. So I live vicariously through her!
Want your hair journey featured on ESSENCE.com? Tag your Instagram selfies with #MySelfieJourney and send answers to the questions above to email@example.com. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful faces!