Her last name might be familiar, but there's plenty you don't know about this 2017 ESSENCE Fest performer.
ESSENCE Fest is known for bringing some of the most outstanding names in music under one roof, but we’re also proud to provide a platform for rising artists to shine.
Emily Estefan will be taking to the superlounge stage at the Festival for the first time this year and we recently sat down with her to find out a little bit more behind the tiny musician with the big last name. Here are 12 things we found out!
1. She’s been playing instruments since she was 8 years old.
2. She is the only daughter of Pop music icon Gloria Estefan.
3. She played in a Rock band as a teen.
4. The song off of her latest album, Take Whatever You Want, that best describes her as a musician is called “Whatever You Want.”
5. She has an older brother who is also a musician.
6. She attended Berklee School of Music.
7. While in college, she launched her own record label with Sony Red distribution.
8. Naturally, she has an eclectic ear for great music.
9. She is 22 years old.
10. A joint project with her mom is currently in the works.
11. She’s ecstatic about performing at ESSENCE Fest for the first time.
12. She’s most excited to see Diana Ross, Chaka Khan and Chance The Rapper perform at ESSENCE Fest.
Be sure to grab your tickets to see Emily light up the stage, alongside more of the biggest name in music, at the 2017 ESSENCE Festival in New Orleans this summer!
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!