It sounds like a good idea for parents who aren't together, but in Porsha's hands it's, well, kind of a nightmare.
During Sunday night's Real Housewives of Atlanta, Porsha Williams tried to get Todd 2, aka Todd Stewart, to sign most of his money away with a baby nup.
What exactly is a baby nup? Well, we're glad you asked because, honestly, we really have no idea. According to Babynup, a website specifically designed for this sort of thing, a baby nup is "whatever you make of it."
"The concept is to allow unmarried parents to come up with an agreement so there is a clear understanding of the parents intent to raise their child should their relationship status change and/or they become unable to work together. "
Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.
Ok, makes sense. However, in Porsha's case, we're not entirely sure this is a baby nup, it seems more like Porsha just wants Todd to sign away every dollar in his bank account. It's also weird because the two aren't really planning to have a child, they're just toying with the idea. This is an agreement for "if a baby happens before we get married," so an unplanned baby, an acccidental baby. Um, we have questions.
1. Does Porsha really expect Todd to pay for half of their child's expenses and not allow him any decision-making power?
2. Is Porsha legally allowed to take their future child out of the country without asking?
3. Can she really demand that a large chunk of Todd's income go to the baby?
4. Will this hold up in court if things go south?
5. Shouldn't a lawyer be around for this?
6. What kind of word doc template did she use?
7. Did Porsha really think Todd was going to sign that agreement?
8. Are these two even ready for a baby?
While we applaud Porsha for having a plan, this plan is absolutely absurd. These two might want to hold off on a baby and really consider what it takes to co-parent.