From reality TV to the NFL, here is everything you need to know this Sunday.
1. Cardi B and Offset have only been engaged for a few days, but the networks are already angling to produce their wedding into a reality TV special. BET, the network behind the Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir wedding special, were the first to bite in the comment section of the Shaderoom. But Mona Scott Young, the head honcho of VH1’s Love & Hiphop franchise, was quick to swoop in. Young reminded everyone that she has a personal relationship with Cardi B from her two seasons on the New York franchise. So if there is a wedding for TV, which network do you think will win that contract? (Shaderoom)
2. The Houston Texans players might remove the team logo from their helmets as a form of protest over owner Bob McNair‘s controversial “inmates running the prison” comment. The team met up on Saturday to discuss their options, which will be revealed during their Sunday game against the Seattle Seahawks. (New York Daily News)
3. President Donald Trump’s job approval rating has declined to the lowest point of his presidency at 38 percent. The new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll number is the “lowest in modern times for a president at this stage of his presidency.” (Daily Beast)
4. Twenty-three people were killed Saturday after five attackers held a night-long siege of a hotel in the Somali capital of Mogadishu. Al-Shabab, one of Africa’s deadliest Islamic extremist groups, claimed responsibility for the attack. (CNN)
5. Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello wants the controversial $300 million contract with Whitefish Energy, a small Montana electric company, to end immediately. Whitefish has been under intense scrutiny since it won the contract to rebuild power lines following Hurricane Maria. The company, which only had two full-time employees when it won the contract, has been linked to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. (Washington Post)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!