With a collection full of over the top shapes and patterns, the hair for Rihanna’s Fenty Puma show at Paris Fashion Week added a nice touch of, “yeah, I can rock that” for the everyday woman. And to be honest, it’s just plain old cool.
Hairstylist, Yusef Williams, took the deep side part to a whole new level by placing each model’s low ponytail at a diagonal angle from the top of the ear.
If you’re dying to channel your inner bad gal with this sleek style, here’s how you can get the look at home:
1. Section half the head horizontally, from the back of one ear to the back of the other to create a clean part.
2. Create a half-head wrap on the left side, wrapping over the forehead and securing with hair spray.
3. With the remaining back section, gather the hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
4. If you want exaggerated length, try adding extensions to the ponytail and flat iron.
5. Once ponytail is secure, take the hair from the flat head wrap and secure under the base of the ponytail.
6. Spray the ends of the hair with hair spray and wrap the ends around the elastic band and secure with bobby pins.
7. For more shine and smoothness, try a sheen spray and/or wax. We like Oribe’s Shine Light Reflecting Spray ($39, barneys.com) and Star Glow Styling Wax ($42, barneys.com).
If seven simple steps bring you closer to Rihanna’s style, we’d say it’s worth a try. Go ahead and give it a shot!