The soulful songstress went from curly to straight for her first-time Grammy appearance. Get the look inside!
I case you missed Elle Varner at last night’s Grammy Awards, the curly-haired cutie was, well not a curly girl anymore. The songstress stepped out in sizzling hot, bone-straight strands courtesy of celeb stylist Oscar James.
“This was Elle’s first time attending the award show and she is a nominated artist so we really wanted to do something different than her usual style,” said James who opted for a sleek look inspired by the 70s.
James used CLEAR Ultra Shea products to help Varner get red carpet-ready for last night’s big show. Here are the tips and tricks James used for this wow-worthy style.
1. Always start with the right foundation and that means a nourished scalp and hair. Rinse and condition with CLEAR Scalp & Hair Therapy Ultra Shea Shampoo ($4.98, Walmart) and Conditioner ($4.98, Walmart) for strong, beautiful hair that can hold any style.
2. Next, create a center part and blow dry hair straight.
3. Once dry, flat iron hair in small, quarter-inch sections to make sure heat is evenly distributed to every strand.
4. Then, use a drop of the CLEAR Scalp & Hair Therapy Ultra Shea Nourishing Scalp & Hair Oil ($4.98, Walmart), emulsify and run through hair from scalp to end to add gorgeous shine and tame flyaways
5. Finish with a spritz of hair spray for extra hold.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!