The always pleasantly "out there" Janelle Monae released her album, "The ArchAndroid" today. While in Egypt. Mariah Carey saved the day, putting out an electrical fire. Plus Barack Obama's Kenyan aunt was finally granted asylum, and Paul Mooney dishes on Richard Pryor, Elena Kagan and more. Have you voted for Mooney to host "SNL?"
- Janelle Monae's new album "The ArchAndroid" drops today. Folks are calling the production grand and the vibes easy. [LATimes]
- Barack Obama's Kenyan aunt Zeituni Onyango has been granted asylum after eight years of petitioning to remain in the US. [NYDN]
- Gearing up for a show in Egypt, Mariah sparked up her twitter account when she put out an electrical fire that started under her feet.
- We were pumped when we stumbled upon a "Paul Mooney on SNL is a Must" The celebrated comedian, who also wrote for "SNL" recently opened up about Richard Pryor, and his stance on Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan. [HP]
- The top basketball recruit at Texas A&M University, Tobi Oyedeji, died in a car accident early in the morning after his prom. Our condolences. [HP]
- Grammy Award-winning pianist Hank Jones, who accompanied Ella Fitzgerald and Marilyn Monroe died at age 91. Rest in peace. [BBC]
- People are saying that Kelis' new album art, which features the singer as half woman and half dog, is a stab at PETA. The animal rights organization has come after Kelis for wearing fur. [SR]