We're Obsessed: Kerry Washington's All Black Dual-Texture Oscar Manicure
When you wear a leather dress to the Oscars, the stakes are pretty high for your beauty look, so your manicure needs to be able to keep up. Kerry Washington's scallop-tip dual textured manicure was up for the job.
Kerry Washington has made herself a lifestyle brand. You may have a jacket hanging in your closet that was inspired by her infamous Scandal character, Olivia Pope; or perhaps you washed your face with Neutrogena (she’s a brand ambassador); or maybe your manicure is a shade from OPI’s latest collection—Washington is the newest face of the cult-favorite nail brand. Ever-present in the headlines, Washington turned quite a few heads this past weekend at the 88th Annual Academy Awards, where she stunned on the red carpet wearing an edgy Versace leather and crepe gown and a dual texture manicure to match.
The dress was stunning, but what we’re really obsessing over is the manicure. Edgy through and through— from the rounded coffin nail shape to the matte base and glossy tips, this all-black-everything manicure was well played. For an added touch of femininity, Washington’s manicurist opted for a scallop tip to balance and compliment the flowing skirt of the leather bodice gown.
How To Get the Look:
1. Round the tips of your nail to a subtle point for a softer version of the coffin nail shape.
2. Paint nails with a base coat of your choosing.
3. Apply two coats of OPI Black Onyx Nail Lacquer and let it dry. ($10, macy.com)
4. Apply a single coat of OPI Matte Top Coat ($10, macys.com)
5. Wait until the top coat dries and apply a scallop stencil to the base of your nail, leaving the tips exposed.
6. Apply OPI Clear Top Coat above the stencil to create the glossy scallop tip. ($10, macys.com)
Tell us what you think of Washington’s super chic total noir manicure in the comments below!