Essence Festival of Culture™ Download EFOC Mobile App for a Chance to Win Evening Concert Tickets!
YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE ESSENCE FESTIVAL OF CULTURE TO WIN THE PRIZE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: To enter this Sweepstakes, you must: (i) be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, (ii) be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and; (iii) have a smartphone or other device capable of downloading apps. Employees of Essence Communications Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and its officers, directors, affiliates, employees, agents, webmaster/suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstake (collectively “Sponsor and Promotional Parties”)and each of their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, siblings, offspring, “step”, grandchildren, regardless of where they live” or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible to enter. “Household Members” shall mean those who share the same residence at least three months a year.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at noon (12.00.00 p.m.) Central Daylight Time (CDT) on June 15, 2023, and ends at noon 12.00.00 p.m.) CDT on July 3, 2023, (the “Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Entry Period, download the EFOC appand follow the instructions to complete and submit your information on the mobile app onboarding form, including, but not limited to, your full name, email address, and cellphone number. When you submit the completed form, you will be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes. Limit of One (1) Entry per person per app download. In order to download the EFOC App and enter the Sweepstakes, you must have Internet access and a valid email address and cellphone number.
Incomplete or ineligible entries will not be acknowledged. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. Each entry must be manually keystroked or entered by the individual entrant. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may request to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address and/or cellphone number associated with the winning entry and/or eligible entrant. Automate and/or repetitive electronic submission entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified, and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses or cellphones may be blocked. Additionally, if it is discovered that an entrant used multiple email addresses, cellphone numbers and/or identities, registrations, logins, or any other methos or manipulated such information to obtaining more than the states number of allowed entries, such Entrant will be disqualified, and any prize won shall be forfeited.
Participation in this Sweepstakes means that you understand and agree that you may receive additional messages (through your wireless device or otherwise) relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a potential winner. Entrant’s wireless service standard text messaging and/or data charges from your wireless carrier may apply to such messages and when the EFOC App is downloaded. Check with your wireless service provider for any such wireless charges.
- Prizes and Drawings For Winners: Three (3) Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of two (2) Evening Concert tickets to attend that evening’s 2023 ESSENCE Festival of CultureÔ concert. The drawings will be held at 1:00:00 p.m. CDT on the day of each Concert: July 1, 2023, through July 3, 2023. One Potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor prior to noon (12:00:00 p.m.) CDT on each day of the drawing, for a total of three (3) potential Winners, Approximate Prize Value for each Prize is One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150) per ticket, for a total of Three Hundred Dollars ($300 per Winner.)
After the drawing, the Potential Winner of each drawing will be notified by email at the email address provided through the app and telephoned to the cellphone number provided, must respond and claim prize as stated in the notification email or phone call immediately upon notice, or prize may be forfeited. The Potential Winner must be present and must pick up their tickets at the main Ticket Information booth in the Convention Center before the Concert each evening.
Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
- Entrant’s Agreement: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant fully and unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Festival tickets are subject to terms and conditions as stated thereon. Winner agrees to comply with all venue regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable venue representatives reserve the right to remove or deny entry to a Winner and/or guest who engages in a non-appropriate or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at Festival. Festival is subject to availability and change. Sponsor assumes no liability for delayed or rescheduled event. Lost, stolen, or damages Festival tickets will not be replaced or exchanged.
Winner agrees that acceptance of the Prize is entirely upon their initiative, risk, and responsibility. Winner understands that Coronavirus (”COVID-19″), Monkeypox and other similar contagious communicable diseases (collectively, “Communicable Diseases”) have been confirmed throughout the United States, including several cases in New York and Louisiana. Winner understands and agrees that attending Festival may have an inherent risk of Communicable Diseases. Each Winner assumes any and all risks of illness, injury, or loss due to such attendance. Winner and guest must follow any city and/or venue restrictions related to Communicable Diseases.
- WINNER VERIFICATION AND PRIZE CONDITIONS: If a Potential Winner (i) cannot be reached, (ii) does not pick up the Tickets within a specified time frame, (iii) is found to be ineligible, and/or (iv) declines to accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited. In such cases, Prize shall be forfeited, and Sponsor may select an alternate Potential Winner at random from the remaining eligible Entries. By accepting the Prize, each Potential Winner agrees to release the Sponsor from any and all liability, loss, or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use of any Prize.
There is no substitution or deferral of Prizes. Each Prize consists of tickets to a specific concert. Each Potential Winner hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Prizes are non-transferable and may not be sold, exchanged or traded in for cash or anything else. Any applicable federal, state, and local taxes/duties on the Prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of the Prize, including those not specifically provided for in these Office Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification before any Prize is awarded. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Upon forfeiture for any reason, no compensation will be given.
- General: Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliated entities, and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use or misuse of any Prize. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a Potential Winner. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its designees’ use for marketing and promotional purposes, in any type of media without further consideration or payment, of Entrant’s names, likeness, image, bio, any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any Entrant’s experience, and any user generated content, including, without limitation, audio, photographs and still images, and video content (“Likeness”). For the avoidance of doubt, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor and its designees a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, royalty-free, and sublicensable right and license to use and display the Entrant’s Likeness in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE APP OR THE EFOC WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable, inactive, or misdirected email or other transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes or claim a Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client, for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email, or Possible Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct, or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or for any other reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, amend these Official Rules at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Official Rules on the EFOC Website.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS WOULD BE REQUIRED BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET, OR WHERE THE PRESCRIBED METHODS OF ENTRY WOULD BE DEEMED LEGAL CONSIDERATION.
- Limitation of Liability: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE TICKET REWARDS REDEEMED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WINNERS LIST REQUEST: To request a Winner’s List with the names of the winners for this Sweepstakes (first name and state), please send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to: EFOC Mobile AppSweepstakes, Essence Communications Inc. 34 35th Street, 5th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11232. All requests for winner’s lists must be received by August 5, 2023.
- Copyright Notice: The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2021 Essence Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.