These 12 quotes from Dr. Deepak Chopra will help you become a better and happier person.
Spiritual leader, celebrated author and public speaker Dr. Deepak Chopra will make his ESSENCE Fest debut this summer at the ESSENCE Empowerment Experience. His teachings have inspired everyone from Dr. Maya Angelou, to Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor and most famously, Oprah Winfrey.
As a regular guest on her show, and now her network, he often challenges the audience to go beyond their everyday, minute thinking to push the boundaries of their own minds. Many people have changed their lives after hearing one or two of his speeches on a television show.
With over 80 books, numerous audio meditations and supporting a tight knit family of four on his own; he has grown to become one of the greatest spiritual leaders of the past century. His teachings on the harmony of the universe, the mind, body, and soul, love, pure joy and what it takes to be successful have inspired many of this generations' greatest leaders—including President Obama himself.
As we patiently await his appearance at EEE, we gathered a few important quotes from Dr. Deepak Chopra to inspire you to be better as a person, employee and thinker.
1. "The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective - people who know to see a problem as an opportunity."
2. "Everyone is acting from his own level of consciousness. This is all we can ask of ourselves or anyone else. However hurtful someone is, he is doing the best he can, given the limits of his consciousness."
3. "Our minds influence the key activity of the brain, which then influences everything; perception, cognition, thoughts and feelings, personal relationships; they're all a projection of you."
4. "If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can't do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings."
5. "In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you."
6. "Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it's realistic or not."
7. "Passivity is the same as defending injustice."
8. "Success comes when people act together; failure tends to happen alone."
9. "I often say 'pursue excellence, ignore success.' Success is a by-product of excellence."
10. "Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment."
11. "The greatest mystery of existence is existence itself."
12. "There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle."
Which quote inspired you the most? Let us know on Twitter, @EssenceFest.
If you're in need of a way to help find your center, Oprah and Dr. Deepak Chopra have a new guided audio meditation series starting on March 16th. Sign up here to receive daily mantras for the "Manifesting True Success" 21-day meditation experience.
Click here to see the full line-up of EEE artists and speakers.