"I'm honored to have sat on the panel with such incredible talent," said Reid.
Check out why we're adding an extra shot of espresso to our mugs:
• X Factor judge L.A. Reid will not be returning to the show's third season. Reid's announcement comes just one week before the finale. In a statement, Reid said he learned about the decision from his fellow judge Simon Cowell and he's returning to Sony to run Epic records. "I'm honored to have sat on the panel with such incredible talent," said Reid. There's no word on who will replace him. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Tyler Perry's officially heading to OWN in 2013. Yesterday, the network announced two shows Perry's developing for the next year, including The Haves and the Have Nots and Love Thy Neighbor. It's not clear how many episodes will be shot; however, more writers and producers are set to join the team soon. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Michelle Obama is simply not interested in being president. She told Tom Joyner and the morning crew it's not even an option. "Well, you know that's just not going to happen," said Obama. "Unlike many, I know what the job entails." She also recently shot down rumors she's interested in running for Illinois senate. [EURweb]
• Dionne Warwick celebrated her 72nd birthday in Miami yesterday. Her good friend Stevie Wonder sang "Happy Birthday" to her while she received an edible light blue piano cake. She's in Florida to perform at the Fontainebleau's BleauLive series, which benefits the United Way and the Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund. [NY Post]
• Rihanna was recently moved to share a handwritten letter to her Navy (die-hard Rihanna fans). In that sweet letter she shares hopes to continue their journey together and write new stories, "share more laughs, meet new people, tell more stories, in faith, in hope and not take one moment for granted." The pop star's seventh album Unapologetic debuted at number one. [Vibe]