The series will focus on Green's home life and career as an artist.
See why we're dipping a biscotti into our brew:
• Cee-Lo Green just inked a deal with NBC to develop a comedy series loosely based on his family and career ups and downs. The Voice coach will work closely with his own production company to get the project lifted. Everybody Hates Chris producer Ali Leroi will pen and executive produce the series along with Green. There's no word on when it will hit television screens. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Shakeups are continuing over at American Idol. The latest report has it that Enrique Iglesias is out of the judge's lineup and producers are shuffling Randy Jackson back in. According to sources, the final lineup will include Mariah Carey, Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Jackson. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Beyoncé and Jay-Z will host a fundraiser for President Obama on September 18th. The $40,000 per-person event will include dinner with the president at Jay-Z's 40/40 club. It's said to be the president's last campaign stop in New York before the election this November. [NY Post]
• In other political news, First Lady Michelle Obama will give the keynote speech at the 2012 Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Phoenix Awards on September 22. It appears that Mrs. Obama is filling in for the president, as he's busy on the campaign trail with less than sixty days until the election. [The Root]
• Rihanna and Piers Morgan got into it over Twitter recently. Morgan felt it necessary to comment on Rihanna's new short hairdo tweeting, "PS I think @Rihanna needs to grow her hair back. Fast." Rihanna, being the fiery diva that she is tweeted back, "Grow a di*k… fast!" Morgan then followed up with an interview request and she happily agreed. [Huffington Post]