This rapper is not one to mess with. The intruder suffered bruises in the scuffle.
See why we're have a strong cup of joe this morning:
- LL Cool J took matters into his own hands early this morning when an intruder entered his Los Angles home around 2 a.m. According to the police department, the rapper came face-to-face with the intruder and managed to detain him until authorities arrived. LL Cool J is said to be okay, however the unwanted guest suffered bruises. He was arrested and charged with burglary. [TMZ]
- Diggy Simmons' career is on its way up. The ESSENCE Music Festival alum will star in a new BET original movie called The Untitled Diggy Simmons Project executive produced by Sparkle producers Mara Brock and Salim Akil. The series will follow a group of friends on their ups and downs. Simmons will play Blake, a blogger whose career is on the rise. [BET]
- Would Kanye West make a good American Idol judge? According to reports, the rapper may be in talks to take over former judge Steven Tyler's vacant seat. There's no word from Kanye's camp just yet. [TMZ]
- The Oprah's Next Chapter interview with Rihanna scored big ratings for OWN on Sunday. Nearly 2.5M people tuned in for the dramatic interview. Oprah's interview with the Houston family still holds the rating record for the network with 3.5M viewers. [TGJ]
- Tina Knowles says Blue Ivy is starting to scoot and crawl. The Knowles family matriarch was on Access Hollywood promoting her latest fall collection and said that Beyoncé spoils Blue Ivy too much. She says her daughter needs to "man up and get a little tougher." [Access Hollywood]