The rap diva is reportedly confirmed for the third judge's seat.
Check out why we're having dark roasted coffee this morning:
- Could Nicki Minaj be the latest celebrity to join American Idol? According to US Weekly, Minaj is very close to inking a deal. It's unclear if she'll replace Steven Tyler or if she'll take over for Randy Jackson, who has yet to announce his plans with the show. Pop icon Mariah Carey signed on for the 12th season weeks ago for a reported $18M. Do you think Minaj would make a good judge? [US Weekly]
- A family court judge found Usher in contempt yesterday for closing his Saks Fifth Avenue credit card that Tameka Raymond reportedly used. Raymond claims she used the account to work as a stylist. Usher was ordered to reopen it. [TMZ]
- Lauryn Hill's tax troubles are growing. Back in June she plead guilty to not paying Federal taxes in 2005, 2006 and 2007. Now, New Jersey wants her to pay up on her state taxes to the tune of $440,000. That's on top of the $1.8M she owes to the government. [TMZ]
- The fourth season of The Wendy Williams Show will bring a brighter, more enhanced set with a longer hot topics segment and a slimmer Williams herself. The outspoken host chatted with The Hollywood Reporter about her upgrades saying, "People will recognize the set from last season… we're using high-def, which will make everything sharper, and we have a bigger [studio] space." Wendy returns to the air on September 10. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Mariah Carey's new video, "Triumphant," is days away from premiering. But she released a sneak peek for fans and the theme is a mix of old Hollywood and classic boxing — think Harlem Nights. Take peek below: