Fantasia has signed up to bring a touch of Gospel to the Super Bowl.
Check out what brand of instant coffee we're using today:
- The 13th annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration just got a major act, Fantasia Barrino. The EMF headliner has signed up to sing with fellow Gospel stars CeCe Winans, Donnie McClurkin and Hezekiah Walker. But everyone is buzzing about the NFL choir featuring more than 40 players. It's the first major event of the Super Bowl weekend and will be held at the Clowes Memorial Hall at Butler University. [EURweb]
PHOTOS: R&B Artists Who Sing Gospel
- "The Mountaintop" is the first Broadway earner of the year. Reports are indicating that the show is the first production of 2012 to earn back its entire investment. Sadly, there are only a few days left to see Samuel L. Jackson and Angela Bassett on stage. [Pop Watch]
- Rihanna's pop hit "We Found Love" has spent 10 weeks at number one on the Billboard charts. Although successful, she's got a long way to beat the record holder, Mariah Carey. "One Sweet Day," spent 16 weeks at number one. [TGJ]
- Mathew Knowles has much to celebrate this week. Music World Entertainment is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Congratulations, Mathew! [EURweb]
- "X-Factor" contestant, Astro, has signed a record deal with L.A. Reid's Epic Records! His astronauts will be lining up to buy his album soon. [Perez Hilton]
- Tamera Mowry says marriage thus far has been wonderful, except giving up her bathroom. She tells People, "I'm so used to having my bathroom all to myself and my poor husband's like, 'I need to get in. I need to get in.' He needs his own space, too, so we had to learn that." [People]
- Actor Boris Kodjoe will guest star in TNT's series "Franklin & Bash" opposite Garcelle Beauvais. Kodjoe will play Nolen, a courtroom sketch artist and old college friend of Hanna (Beauvais), according to a press release.