Here's what's got us switching to decaf today: Mariah Carey's rep responded to all the pregnancy buzz saying, "She is very superstitious -- and when the time is right for her and Nick to announce something, they will." Missy Elliott opened up about Aaliyah's death and compared Ciara to the late singer and dancer. Plus, do you need a personal stylist? There's an app for that.
- According to People.com, Mariah Carey sported a maternity dress by A Pea in a Pod while out and about in Brazil. Carey's rep, Cindy Berger, addressed the pregnancy buzz saying, "I spoke to Mariah from Brazil. She is very superstitious -- and when the time is right for her and Nick to announce something, they will." [People]
- You won't hear this every day, but Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah are gearing up to do a movie together. "Joyful Noise" is about Parton and Latifah joining forces to save a local church choir. [USA Today]
- Brandy has reportedly signed on to do "Dancing with the Stars," this according to Perez Hilton. We'll be watching! [Perez Hilton]
- Missy Elliot opens up about Aaliyah and compares her to Ciara. "There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of [Aaliyah] or watch a video or play her music," she said. When speaking to MTV she also said, "I think it's hard for Aaliyah to be duplicated, because she had her own lane. But Ciara is an R&B singer who loves to dance, and Aaliyah was that same kind of artist." [CNN]
- Do you know what girls want? A few fashion websites have created the right experience for young female shoppers, for now. [NY Times]
- The word is that D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty has lost the love of a lot of esteemed Black women -- including Maya Angelou -- because he gave them the cold shoulder too many times. [WashPo]
- Need a personal stylist? There's an app for that. [NY Times]