It’s Women Empowerment Wednesday and #EssenceFest alum and best-selling author, Terry McMillan is yet another woman that empowers us. Her strong, dynamic, female characters and relatable prose have empowered African-American women everywhere for years but the woman behind these characters is even more inspiring. Here are a few little known facts about Terry McMillan:
Over the years, Essence Festival has become known for its electrifying performances each 4th of July weekend but there's so much more to the festival than the performances. Here's our top ten (in no particular order):
It's Music Monday and we had a chance to check out #EssenceFest alum, Jazmine Sullivan's new album, Reality Show.
- @essencefest: The First Lady wowed us in a Michael Kors skirt suit for this year's State of the Union. Check out her past #SOTU looks....
- @essencefest: Wintry Weekend: Usher and Grace Miguel brave the cold and snow in New York City's Tribeca. http://t.co/kIVmmXQLGe
- @essencefest: The Voice: Dorinda Clark-Cole at her BMI listening party in Atlanta. http://t.co/j1ceCC0sKM
- @essencefest: Praise and Worship: Where will you feel the spirit this morning? #GetLifted http://t.co/Aww5vSZOT2
- @essencefest: Morning Music: He hears you everytime you pray! The Clark Sisters' "You Brought the Sunshine" #GetLifted http://t.co/6IPKQdTsAk
- @essencefest: White Hot! Ciara at The DAILY FRONT ROW 'Fashion Los Angeles Awards' Show at Sunset Tower. http://t.co/Hf45kTIfxQ
- @essencefest: Special Appearance: Taraji P. Henson rocked it in blue on "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon". http://t.co/mVy1ROTqX2
- @essencefest: Fashion Moment: Kerry Washington at The Daily Front Row's 1st Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards. http://t.co/ZUlZ9c4bWX
Festival Text Alerts
Sign up for mobile text alerts to be one of the first to know how we'll celebrate in 2015 with the biggest and best Festival to date!