Hack the Hood is teaching the next generation of tech innovators how to be great. Here's how.
In this series, we follow up with the tech organizations that participated in our #YESWECODE Tech Village at the 2014 ESSENCE Festival. Read about how they are innovatively working to promote diversity in Silicon Valley.
Gabrielle Jordan Williams, a 14-year-old entrepreneurial phenom, was awarded $10,000 at the 365Black Awards, held during our 20th anniversary celebration.
- @essencefest: Flashback Friday: Are you stepping out tonight? #EssenceFest alum Ciara's "1, 2 Step" featuring Missy Elliott. http://t.co/Bi2tkvbuLF
- @essencefest: Serve! Serena played tennis during her visit to "The Late Show with David Letterman". http://t.co/dvCJ2OB9zG
- @essencefest: InstaLove: Someone got this shot of #EssenceFest alum Kevin Hart pulling out the ring for Eniko Parrish. #JustEngaged http://t.co/4YcLvWInHN
- @essencefest: Pucker up! Ciara gives the cameras a kissy face pic while in NYC. http://t.co/lUz3OJqbxX
- @essencefest: Congrats Gabrielle Williams on your McDonald?s 365Black Community Choice Youth Award. Visit http://t.co/GA7Tj0tED2 http://t.co/z6XwanJHtT
- @essencefest: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- @essencefest: What do you think #EssenceFest alum Mrs. Carter has planned for her performance this weekend? #BeyonceVMApredications http://t.co/ks6uHE1Cof
- @essencefest: A look back at K. Michelle rocking the #EssenceFest Now Playing stage #TBT http://t.co/QGHdVqmQCB http://t.co/2g1U1CG5p0