As we count down to the 2016 ESSENCE Festival, June 30-July 3 in New Orleans, artists and speakers from our power-packed lineup will reveal how they step up their slay game in beauty and style. This week we have V. Bozeman, the singer and Empire actress who will bring her soulful sounds to this year's Festival.
1. Exfoliate every single day. “Exfoliation is the key to keeping your skin on point! I use one from Burke Williams every single day and I highly recommend it.”
2. Get your daily dose of Vitamin E. “Vitamin E is necessary for healthy skin. The oils help to strengthen your immune system as well. Don’t forget to make it a daily part of your diet.”
3. Get a facial at least once a month. “I personally try to get a facial at least once every four weeks. If I’m not traveling and able to fit it in my schedule, I’ll go every other week. Facials get out all the impurities from day-to-day damage done to your face.”
4. Drink detox water. “Every day I drink a water with cucumbers, mint leaves, grapefruit, blueberries, ginger and lime. It cleanses my system and makes me feel like I can tackle anything.”
5. Use sunscreen on your face. “The skin on your face needs to be protected just as much as the skin on your body. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to your face every day to protect it form harmful rays. I use a great one: the Bliss sunscreen lotion."
And register for the Festival's first—and FREE—Beauty & Style Expo! #essencebeauty #essencebeautybox