Check out why we're having instant coffee:
• Keenen Ivory Wayans' new comedy is heading to ABC. The untitled show will follow the "whitest" guy in America as he marries into a very large and close-knit Black family. ABC has ordered a pilot. If it's picked up, it will join the ranks of several new comedies making waves across the small screen. Wayans is set to not only write, but executive produce the show as well. As of now, he will not be starring in it. [Hollywood Reporter]
• According to Forbes' latest roundup, Michael Jackson topped the list of the highest paid dead celebrities. His estate earned a whopping $160 million in the last year. Elvis Presley, Charles M. Schulz, Elizabeth Taylor and Bob Marley rounded out the top five. [Forbes]
• Viola Davis' three-year-old daughter, Genesis, will make her acting debut in the upcoming James Brown biopic alongside her mother. Tate Taylor, the film's director, will cast Genesis. "We've been rehearsing at home because I don't want her to be fired," said Davis. [Ellen DeGeneres]
• Could NBA star Chris Paul be retiring from the league soon? The athlete says he would consider stopping his career early to spend more time with his children. "Nobody loves to play basketball more than I do, but I could honestly see myself stopping a little earlier or maybe premature just because I hate to miss anything with my kids," explained Paul. "I would hate for my kids to, you know, recall those special moments in their life and I wasn't there." [Real Sports]
• Months ago, President Barack Obama announced the recipients of the 2013 Presidential Medal Freedom. The ceremony is now set for November 20th. Oprah Winfrey, Bayard Rustin, Ernie Banks and Cordy Tindell "C.T." Vivan are among the chosen.