Wednesday, May 02, 2012 | 05:07 AM
See why we're adding a dash of vanilla to our brew:
- Tyler Perry's 200,000 square-foot studio caught fire last night. According to the police, there were no injuries or deaths. The source of the blaze is unknown. Unfortunately, there's a partial collapse of one or two buildings. Perry was seen inspecting the damage for himself late last night. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Usher is on the move! The pop star is set to perform at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. He's already released several tracks from his upcoming album. In addition, Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado and Cee Lo Green have all agreed to perform. [Punch Bowl]
- Brandy Norwood and Serena Williams are set to appear on an upcoming episode of "Drop Dead Diva" on July 8. Norwood's character will be going through a custody hearing and has enlisted the help of a high profile attorney played by Williams. Sounds super exciting!
- Samuel L. Jackson and his wife LaTanya Richardson have been together for over 40-years. However, Richardson says it always hasn't been easy. She claims the secret to their longevity is "amnesia" and says he's "emotionally disconnected" from their relationship. [EURweb]
- Lenny Kravitz will re-release his sophomore album Mama Said on June 5. It's been more than 20 years since its release. He says during that time he was going through trouble with his then wife, Lisa Bonet, and he was heading toward depression. [EURweb]
- Nicki Minaj is going on tour. The rapping princess is set to embark on a 14-date tour around the nation. Her first stop will be in Chicago on July 16. [YBF]