Check out why we're choosing real sugar over Splenda this morning:
- Janet Jackson just signed a deal to produce films for entertainment empire Lionsgate. There's no word on what Jackson's first project will be, but let's hope it's a blockbuster! "Many people forget I started out as an actor. I have been fortunate enough to work in the film industry, though not as a much as I would like, " she told the Hollywood Reporter. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Naomi Campbell is planning to open a "pop-up store" in London that will raise money for Prince's Trust Charity. The store will sell all sorts of designer goods including a fabulous Vivienne Westwood gown worn by the super model. [Eurweb]
- We're one step closer to seeing a Sam Cooke biopic. News is circulating that a screenplay based off the 2005 biography "Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke." Who do you think would be skilled enough to play Cooke? [Eurweb]
- Who knew Bill Cosby and Russell Simmons had an on going feud? According to Page Six, Simmons says that Cosby told him to get the "bleep out my face!" This reportedly took place during the Jackie Robinson Annual Awards Dinner where Simmons wanted to squash the beef between the two stemming from Cosby's 2009 "State of Emergency" campaign. [NY Post]
- Janet isn't the only star who's got the urge to make movies, so does Bobby Brown. News outlets are reporting that the singer is possibly looking to make a movie based on famous mob family the Gambinos. [On the Record]
- Common celebrated his 39th birthday with a bash. Friends including Kanye West, Kid Cudi and Meagan Good threw him a surprise party at The Library at L.A.'s Redbury Hotel. Serena Williams wasn't in attendance. [Page Six]
- Are you desperate for more drama on Vh1? "Basketball Wives" is returning to TV with it's third season this coming June. Let's see how this season turns out... smh, sometimes it's almost too much for TV.