ESSENCE magazine is looking for Black women who managed to jump the broom when nobody thought they would.
All stories of triumph are welcomed, but we are specifically searching for married ladies who fit the following categories:
· 40 at the time of her first marriage
· Previously divorced or widowed at least once
· Mother of 2 or more children
· High-powered, corporate executive who was “married” to her job
· Holds multiple advanced degrees that may have intimidated men
If you know anyone in the NY tri-state area, the DC/MD area or Philadelphia who fits this criteria and would like a chance to be featured in ESSENCE, please contact Bridgette Bartlett or Demetria Lucas at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2008.
In the text of your e-mail reply, please tell us which of the above categories best describes you and why. Also, include your name, age, and phone number along with a recent picture of you with your beloved.