It’s a busy morning — check out why we’re grabbing a croissant with our coffee:
- Will Smith’s mobile mansion is causing SoHo residents to be quite upset. The 53-foot trailer weighing 30 tons and featuring a full-service kitchen, marble floors, one bedroom and a granite bathroom proudly sat on the tiny streets of SoHo in New York City while Smith films “Men in Black III.” But that’s not all, an additional 55-foot trailer used exclusively as his gym wasn’t far behind. After receiving numerous complaints, the trailer was moved to private property, according to a Sony representative. The trailer is also said to have meeting space for 30-plus people. Wow! [People]
- Former NBA player Robert “Tractor” Traylor was unfortunately found dead in his Isla Verde, Puerto Rico apartment yesterday. Traylor played for the Dallas Mavericks, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers and New Orleans Hornets and the Wolverines. He apparently suffered a heart attack. [Huffington Post]
- Did Master P. predict his son’s “DWTS” elimination? It looks that way. Tuesday morning at 6 a.m., Master P. called his son to tell him how proud he was and that he was a winner. Romeo responded, “Do you know that I’m going home or something? Dad, save your speech for a few more weeks from now.” And just like that he was gone. Funny how parents know best. [People]
- Along with continuing his “OMG” tour, Usher’s Powered by Service tour will be making stops in New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago and Vancouver. The charity will give 50 kids leadership training and offer a chance to meet Usher. [The Boom Box]
- Yesterday Rihanna released the cover for her upcoming single “Man Down,” and one particular fan wasn’t feeling the picture. She tweeted, “Why does her hair look so nappy?” and Rihanna quickly replied, “Cuz I’m black bitch!!” Now we know that wasn’t the nicest way to react, but you’ve got to give it Rihanna for standing up for herself. [Clutch Magazine]
- Mos Def is heading back to television. The rapper turned actor will appear in a couple of episodes on Showtime’s hit series “Dexter.” Mos Def will play an ex-con who says he found religion but still somehow gets mixed up with violence. [Eurweb]
- Chris Rock’s Broadway debut is a hit! “Motherf**ker with a Hat” has been extended until July 17th! So there’s still time left to see the comedian live in action. The play was originally scheduled to end on June 25th, but why the sudden change? It recently received six Tony Award nominations. Congrats to the cast and crew! [Perez Hilton]
- Last night, the White House held a poetry event which upset many Republicans because the Obamas invited rapper Common to perform. Why the upset? The rapper’s lyrics sometimes come off as offensive toward police. Check out Common’s very inspirational performance below.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!