Check out why we’re grabbing two donuts with our morning cup of joe:
- Say ain’t so, Whitney! Say it ain’t so! A spokesperson for Whitney Houston released a statement detailing that the singer has indeed entered a rehab program for drug and alcohol. The statement claims it’s part of Houston’s recovery process. Get well soon, Whitney — you’ll soon be needed on the set of “Getting to Happy.” In related news, she’s also been banned from Prince concerts. Prince is supposedly fed up with her ticket demands and Houston’s “intoxicated” behavior at each show. [Black Voices] [TMZ]
- Beyonce is set to receive the Millenium Award during this year’s Billboard Awards. The pop diva will be honored by Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Cee-Lo Green and the Black Eyed Peas. We’ll see how this one goes down… [That Grape Juice]
- Is Lauryn Hill pregnant? That may be true. Suspicion is growing after the singer was spotted wearing a baggy dress at the Jazz Festival this past weekend. Last month, she’s hinted to fans that she’s holding on to a “big secret” and once joked about being the most fertile mother in America. We’ll be keep an eye on Ms. Hill. [The Boom Box]
- Oprah is well on her way to making her Broadway debut. She revealed she’s been reading stacks upon stacks of plays and even met with producers this past weekend. She admits she’s always wanted to do “Fences.” In what production could you see Ms. Winfrey starring? [Perez Hilton]
- Nas earned himself a National Sports Emmy Award for narrating the ESPN documentary “Number 1.” Congrats to him! [The Boom Box]
- Rapper T.I. will be released from prison on September 29th. He started serving his 11-month prison sentence for a drug arrest back in November. According to reports, if he continues on his path of good behavior, he may be be released earlier. [Vibe]
- Wendy Williams is quite upset with Ms. NeNe Leakes — who walked off “Celebrity Apprentice” Sunday night. See Williams’ stern words for Leakes.