Diagnosed with breast cancer, Sykes says she chose the best option.
We’re kicking off the weekend with lots of hot topics:
- Wanda Sykes surprised everyone with a double dose of shocking news. During an appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” the 47-year-old comedienne said she was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year, and underwent a double mastectomy shortly after. “I had both breasts removed,” she said, “because now I have zero chance of having breast cancer.” Sykes added that her family had a history of breast cancer. [PEOPLE]
- It’s only been a few months after the release of her fourth album, “4,” but mommy-to-be Beyonce says she’s ready to get back into the studio. “I have so many songs in my head right now,” she told Access Hollywood. [That Grape Juice]
- Sean Kingston is being fined $180 for his near-fatal jet-ski accident in May. According to a police report obtained by TMZ, investigators are citing “inexperience” and “inattention” as the main causes of his accident. Kingston is being cited for “careless operation in an accident.” [TMZ]
- Rihanna debuted a new single from her upcoming album yesterday. The song, “We Found Love,” is a mix of Euro-pop and techno that we’re sure Rihanna’s stans are going to L-O-V-E! [Necole Bitchie]
- John Legend is the latest celeb to enter the television market, but he won’t be in front of cameras. According to Deadline.com, the Grammy winner will be producing a sitcom for NBC called “Mixed Blessings,” about a well-to-do rapper who finds out he has a teenage son. This should be interesting. [EURWeb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!