Here’s what we’re gabbing about this morning:
- Congratulations to Vivica A. Fox! She got engaged the day after Christmas to her boyfriend, Omar “Slim” White, 27. He reportedly proposed with an 8-carat engagement ring during their stay at the Ritz Carlton in Miami. The lovely couple must be on cloud nine! [Huff Po]
- Akon has taken crowd surfing to a new level. He held a NYE concert in Senegal and placed himself inside a plastic bubble and proceeded to be passed along by thousands of concert-goers. That’s certainly a safe and unique way to crowd surf. [TMZ]
- Oprah’s new network is doing quite well. On its opening day, it received about a million viewers, which trumps the Discovery Health channel launch just over a year ago by 389%. On Saturday night, there was a total of 1.16 million viewers tuning into OWN to catch the latest prime-time programming. [BV]
- Michael Jackson’s son, Prince Michael, will not testify in the latest MJ courtroom battle with Dr. Conrad Murray. During the two-week preliminary hearing, there will be up to 30 witnesses called to the stand, most of whom are medical personnel. [TMZ]
- LeBron James celebrated his 26th birthday with a mega bash in Miami. Spike Lee, Michael Bay, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo and Timbaland were all on hand to extend birthday wishes. At one point, someone pulled the fire alarm, but no one exited the party. James received a five-tier birthday cake studded with crystals. [NY Post]
- Kanye West revealed that his joint album with Jay-Z entitled “Watch the Throne” will be coming out this week. He spilled the beans during a NYE performance in Las Vegas. We’re patiently waiting to see how this is going to sound. [Pop Eater]
- Someone remixed West’s “Monster” video, incorporating Sesame Street monsters jamming to the beat. Check out the video below.