Here’s what we’re gabbing about this morning:
- Congratulations to Vivica A. Fox! She got engaged the day after Christmas to her boyfriend, Omar “Slim” White, 27. He reportedly proposed with an 8-carat engagement ring during their stay at the Ritz Carlton in Miami. The lovely couple must be on cloud nine! [Huff Po]
- Akon has taken crowd surfing to a new level. He held a NYE concert in Senegal and placed himself inside a plastic bubble and proceeded to be passed along by thousands of concert-goers. That’s certainly a safe and unique way to crowd surf. [TMZ]
- Oprah’s new network is doing quite well. On its opening day, it received about a million viewers, which trumps the Discovery Health channel launch just over a year ago by 389%. On Saturday night, there was a total of 1.16 million viewers tuning into OWN to catch the latest prime-time programming. [BV]
- Michael Jackson’s son, Prince Michael, will not testify in the latest MJ courtroom battle with Dr. Conrad Murray. During the two-week preliminary hearing, there will be up to 30 witnesses called to the stand, most of whom are medical personnel. [TMZ]
- LeBron James celebrated his 26th birthday with a mega bash in Miami. Spike Lee, Michael Bay, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo and Timbaland were all on hand to extend birthday wishes. At one point, someone pulled the fire alarm, but no one exited the party. James received a five-tier birthday cake studded with crystals. [NY Post]
- Kanye West revealed that his joint album with Jay-Z entitled “Watch the Throne” will be coming out this week. He spilled the beans during a NYE performance in Las Vegas. We’re patiently waiting to see how this is going to sound. [Pop Eater]
- Someone remixed West’s “Monster” video, incorporating Sesame Street monsters jamming to the beat. Check out the video below.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!