Serena Williams is still winning without picking up a tennis racket! Find out who else is, below.
1. Serena Williams is ending 2017 on a high note. In addition to welcoming a child and getting married, the reigning tennis champion is also getting a building named after her. On Wednesday, Nike announced that one of its headquarters' buildings will be named after her —it's scheduled to open in 2019. (ESPN)
2. Ava DuVernay may be a known director, but she recently received the Visionary Award from the Producers Guild. Her work on 13th, Selma, Queen Sugar and the upcoming A Wrinkle in Time —which is the largest movie budget ever given to an African-American woman film director — is why she's being honored. Producers Guild Awards chairs Donald De Line and Amy Pascal said, “The emergence of Ava DuVernay as a producer and filmmaker has been one of the great developments of the past several years.” (The Wrap)
3. Looks like there's another win for Rihanna! The newly-minted cosmetics entrepreneur was award Women's Wear Daily's Launch of the Year honor. Her inclusive makeup line, Fenty Beauty, has been garnering support from the beauty industry since it dropped this summer and this solidifies all her hard work. (Instagram)
4. Keri Hilson made one fan's entire year by acknowledging a video he made for her birthday. On Twitter, a user named kingtrell made a video montage of the pair together through the years. Yes, it's a bit creepy. But the "Knock You Down" singer's response is incredibly funny and sweet. (Vibe)
5. Once again, the Internet called out Draya Michele after she wrote a post on Instagram that went viral. In it, the mother of two is annoyed over her son asking for her to sign off on a speech assignment. "I don't want to hear it no more! I'm hearing it 2x a day for a month straight," she says. Sharing her motherhood anguish online is probably not the best idea at this point. (The Root)