Now that the weekend’s over, it’s time to get back to the grind.
Make your Monday morning commute a little more bearable with this morning’s round-up:
1. Following an explosion in NYC's Time Square Monday morning, Donald Trump took to Twitter, not to send well wishes to residents, but to complain about a New York Times report that claimed he watched four to eight hours of television a day. "Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong!," he wrote. "Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the 'dumbest man on television!' Bad Reporting." Bad president. (Twitter)
2. Remy Ma and Azealia Banks have beef now. On Saturday, Banks called out Remy for failing to “move the cultural needle,” referring to the “All The Way Up” rapper as a “confused Nicki Minaj fan.” Remy didn’t stay silent for long and soon retaliated with a post of her own, sharing messages from Banks in which she asks Remy for advice and slams Minaj. (VH1)
3. Celebrity chef Mario Batali is stepping down from his restaurant and cooking empire after multiple accusations of sexual misconduct. Batali, who became popular in the 1990s for his Italian cooking style, red hair and orange Crocs, is a co-host of ABC's hit show, The Chew. (EATER)
4. There’s now a sculpture of SZA in the Brooklyn Museum. As part of Spotify’s inaugural RapCaviar Pantheon, a statue of the singer, along with 21 Savage and Metro Boomin, will be on display at the museum. The Pantheon celebrates three breakthrough artists of the year and was unveiled during a special event and panel featuring Spotify’s Global Head of Hip Hop, Tuma Basa, acclaimed director, Director X, and The Fader editor-in-chief Duncan Cooper. Fans can also watch a video of the sculptures being created. (YouTube)
5. Is Atlanta coming back soon? We’re all dying to see our favorite show return and LaKeith Stanfield’s Instagram could hold a clue to when the show’s second season will premiere. The actor, who plays Darius, shared a photo of the cast on IG, hinting at a February return. However, the actor could have been playing with our emotions because now the caption reads, “Jan 2019.” (Instagram)
6. Janet Jackson was spotted having fun in the sun with her little one, Eissa. The singer hit the beach with her 11-month-old son, who was rocking a tee that read “Equality.” (TMZ)