- Terry Crews showed off his ripped body when he stripped off his shirt and flexed while at the New York Stock Exchange to ring the opening bell with fellow “Expendables” cast members. The man’s got more muscles than we knew existed. [Star Gazing]
- Wyclef Jean is not on the list of candidates approved to run in Haiti’s November 28 election. [Gawker]
- This fall, muted earth colors are all the rage. Chanel is ahead of the tread, debuting three new khaki-inspired nail colors at Fashion’s Night Out in NYC. [Stylist]
- New York Knicks basketball player Amar’e Stoudemire recently traveled to Israel and discovered his Jewish roots. He’s even keeping kosher these days. [NY Post]
- The Center for Disease Control has released a report indicating that Hollywood films contain too much smoking. Almost half of all films made in 2009 contained some image of tobacco. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Just in case you thought Jermaine Dupri was on his way to becoming a new father, think again. He told PerezHilton.com, “Contrary to all the rumors, I’m not expecting.” [Perez Hilton]
- Despite all the controversy surrounding Naomi Campbell, she’s still finding a way to relax. She reportedly invited Quincy Jones, Jay-Z and Beyonce to board her Mediterranean cruise ship in Capri. [NY Post]
- Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are good parents. “Lottery Ticket” star Bow Wow said the hip hop vets had enough respect for his mom not to expose him to women when he was a young rapper. [Bossip]
- Matt Kemp stood up to Dodgers fans, coaches and teammates who say he’s not staying focused because his girlfriend Rihanna and his “L.A. lifestyle” have been distractions. Kemp said, “My girl has nothing to do with what I do on the baseball field. If anything, she helps. She makes me happy, and as stressed as I am coming home sometimes, it’s nice to have someone there who just wants to support you.” [LATimes]
- Montana Fishburne is firing back at porn star Brian Pumper. He is using unauthorized video of them having sex for his new movie. Montana claims she never signed a release for Brian to use the footage. [TMZ]
- It’s KRS-One’s birthday. Lawrence Parker turns 45 today.
- John Legend held a jam session with Melanie Fiona, Common and the Roots to cover Marvin Gaye’s “Wake Up.” Check out the video and tell us what you think. [YBF]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!