The new year is already off to a wild start.
There's drama involving Nick Cannon's decision to cast Chris Brown in his new movie, our favorite show is being renewed, and Kevin Hart and Serena Williams are giving us baby fever. Catch up on it all before the week officially begins.
1. Spike Lee's Netflix series, She's Gotta Have It, has been renewed for a second season. The adaptation of his hit film stars DeWanda Wise, who celebrated the show's renewal with a throwback Instagram post. (Shadow And Act)
2. Serena Williams was on mommy duty as she snapped a photo of her daughter, Alexis Olympia, sleeping by her side. The tennis superstar even added a filter to match the baby's adorable star-covered onesie. (The Shade Room)
3. Kevin Hart shared a cute moment with his newborn son Kenzo, who was all smiles when he brought in the new year with his dad. (The Shade Room)
4. The women of Hollywood have teamed up for Time's Up, an organization that will tackle the discrimination and imbalance of power people in underrepresented groups face. The organization is kicking things off by starting a legal defense for victims of sexual misconduct. (Deadline)
5. Saint West was reportedly hospitalized with pneumonia over the weekend. Sources say that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's 2-year-old son was hospitalized Thursday and released Saturday and is doing well. (TMZ)
6. Nick Cannon is defending his decision to cast Chris Brown in his upcoming film She Ball. Fans have attacked Cannon for casting Brown due to his history of violence, Cannon responded to the backlash during a recent run-in with paparazzi by asking, "What about Sean Penn? They ever hate on his past and the movies he did?" (TMZ)
7. In his new special, Equanimity, Dave Chappelle responds to the backlash he received over transgender jokes he made in his previous Netflix special. The comedian, who has denied he's transphobic, read a letter from a White trans person before discussing the nuances of discourse led by White men that minimizes LGBTQ people of color. (Paper)