A group of companies have decided to pull their advertisements from Sean Hannity’s programming following the host’s coverage of disgraced Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore. And some conservatives are coming hard for these companies, specifically Keurig.
The company pulled its advertising after Hannity appeared to defend Moore. The former judge was accused of sexual misconduct with teenagers, including a 14-year-old girl, in a bombshell article published last week by the Washington Post.
Now many are sharing videos of themselves destroying their Keurig coffeemakers in response. The videos have gone viral with the hashtags #BoycottKeurig and #KeurigSmashChallenge. Their message is clear: assaulting a minor is more noble than drinking coffee.
Moore had consistently denied the allegations, calling them a politically motivated attack in the lead up to the Dec. 12 special election to fill the Senate seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
During an interview with Hannity on his Friday radio show, Moore said he said dating teenagers was “not my customary behavior” at the time. “I’m not going to dispute anything, but I don’t remember anything like that,” he told Hannity. “I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother.”
Companies like Keurig, Realtor.com, 23 and Me, Eloquii and Nature's Bounty announced they were pulling their advertising last week.
Hannity jumped into the social media fray Sunday and said he would buy 500 replacement coffeemakers from a different brand for those who destroyed their Keurig machines.
Anything to win an election, we guess.