The shooting is believed to be a murder-suicide.
A shooting at a San Bernardino area elementary school has left two dead and multiple injured, Reuters reports.
The incident, believed to be a murder-suicide, occurred Monday morning. Two adults have been reported dead and two students were transported to a local hospital.
As reported by the BBC, police are working with emergency workers and fire crews at the scene. Maria Garcia of the San Bernardino police department told a news broadcaster at ABC News that the situation was contained to the campus. Garcia said three people, including a teacher, had been injured.
The assailant was also injured.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.
“Two adults are deceased in a classroom, believed to be a murder suicide,” said San Bernardino Chief Jarrod Burguan. “We believe the suspect is down and there’s no further threat.”
Authorities are still investigating at the scene.
The Southern California city faced tragedy in December 2015 when 14 people were killed and 22 others were seriously injured in a terrorist attack at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California.
This is a developing story.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!