Take a look at what we’ve got percolating today:
- It has been a rough week for Black folks on television. The first to get the boot was Jacob Lusk on last week’s episode of “Idol,” then it was NeNe, Star and La Toya all in one episode of “Apprentice,” now Romeo will dance no more. He’s the most recent celeb to be kicked off “Dancing with the Stars.” “This show has changed my life forever,” he said. [Extra]
- Mashonda of “Love and Hip-Hop” claims the show doesn’t represent her anymore. In a recent interview Swizz Beatz’ ex-wife says, “I just don’t feel like at this point in my life “Love and Hip-Hop” represents who I am, it’s just a chapter that is over.” Looks like she won’t be returning next season. [Bossip]
- Michelle Obama is catching some flack from Republicans for inviting Common to a White House poetry event. Folks are upset because of Common’s lyrical past. He hasn’t always put police officers in a positive light and he’s also known for highlighting fugitives like Assata Shakur. [Urban Daily]
- Mike Epps’ comedy routine just got a little more comical. He was served papers while performing onstage in Texas last weekend. According to sources, Epps is being sued over a nightclub incident in which he allegedly assaulted a photographer. His reaction was certainly unbecoming. [Nicole Bitchie]
- There may already be drama on the set of “Single Ladies.” According to sources, Stacey Dash was seen screaming and running off set. She was supposedly upset with one of her castmates, LisaRaye McCoy. No word on why she lost her cool. [Perez Hilton]
- Reggie Bush is apparently taking it easy during the NFL lockout. “Everybody complaining about the lockout! Shoot I’m making the most of the it! Vacation, rest, relaxing, appearances here and there! I’m good,” he tweeted. His one million plus followers didn’t find it too funny — they tweeted back with outrage. [Eurweb]
- Want more Beyonce? You’ve got it! She released the second teaser to her much anticipated video, “Run the World.” Check it out below.