This morning's news has us craving a velvety smooth chai latte, honey!
This morning’s news has us craving a velvety smooth chai latte, honey!
- Our favorite redhead, Rihanna, is going to be representing hard for her homeland of Barbados. The sultry singer has just inked a deal with the Barbados Tourism Authority to become a tourism ambassador for the island. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Speaking of RiRi, remember those rumors floating around that she was dating Drake? FALSE! Despite the fact that the pair were seen last week getting up close and personal during appearances in Canada, the singer took to her Twitter account to dispel dating myths. When a fan asked her if she was dating Drake, she replied with a simple, “Nah, boo.” Enough said. [VIBE]
- It looks like it will be a big year for the BET Awards! The lineup keeps getting better and better. Beyonce and Kelly Rowland have just been added to the list of performers. They join Alicia Keys, Chris Brown, and ESSENCE Music Festival headliners Mary J. Blige and Jill Scott, who will also take the stage. The show airs Sunday, June 26. [BET]
- Joss Stone has been going through quite a scary situation. She was at the center of an awful plot apparently devised by two men who allegedly planned to rob and inflict bodily harm on the singer. Thank goodness these dudes were arrested before their mischievous plot got underway! The two men will appear in court in England today. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Serena Williams staged a brave return to the tennis court this week at the AEGON International tournament, however, her comeback appearance has come to an end. Despite the loss, the tennis star is looking at the bright side. “It was a good two matches for me,” she said. “I couldn’t be happier with the amount of tennis I played.” We’re proud of you, Serena! Hang in there, girl. [EURweb]
- After all these years, could we finally have an answer to who shot Tupac Shakur two years before he was murdered? Apparently so. Dexter Issac, an imprisoned felon, claims he is responsible for the 1994 shooting of the rapper. The NYPD is currently investigating Issac’s claims. [Wall Street Journal] Let’s hope this will open up the door to who killed Tupac in 1996.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!