The weekend’s over and it’s time to get back to the office! If you haven’t completely recharged, grab a coffee and take a moment to check out news you may have missed before settling in to start your day.
1. No, Tyrese is not on drugs. The singer took to Instagram to address his recent online meltdown, assuring fans that he was okay and that recent medication was to blame for his bizarre behavior. “FYI contrary to false reports and narrative ! don’t have a mental illness, it was meds that was suggested to deal with the trauma of losing my daughter this way…. everything just changed,” he wrote. Tyrese went on to apologize to fans and those he hurt over the past two months. (Instagram)
2. Reporters and police estimate that nearly 60,000 people recently attended a white supremacist rally in Poland. Protestors flew from all over the world to attend the rally, where marchers held signs that read “Europe Will Be White” and “Clean Blood.” (Think Progress)
3. A massive earthquake in Iran has left more than 300 people dead and nearly 4,000 injured. The 7.3 magnitude earthquake struck the border region between Iraq and Iran and was felt as far as Turkey and Pakistan. (CNN)
4. It was recently revealed that LAPD probed Russell Simmons and director Brett Ratner in 2001 over alleged sexual battery. Ratner is currently facing accusations of rape and sexual harassment. Simmons said in a statment, “This is an important and critical time for the empowerment of women and men who have been harassed. I have been a public figure for all of my adult life. And when you are in that arena over decades, you can find yourself in a position where you are vulnerable and susceptible to claims that are untrue.” (Variety)
5. A teacher in Nashville has been suspended after video surfaced of a student’s hijab being removed. The teacher denies making the video and claims removing the girl’s hijab was not done out of disrespect. (WSMV)
6. Fans and Philadelphia residents are coming together to support Meek Mill with a rally on Monday. The rapper has received tons of support from famous friends and fans after receiving a 2-4 year prison sentence for violating his probation. (6abc)