Happy Friday! It’s National Sandwich Day, a day to honor one of man’s greatest creations. There’s also a bit of news to catch up on this morning, here’s everything you need to know before starting your day.
1. A rogue Twitter employee is now a hero after briefly deactivating Donald Trump’s Twitter account. The social media company issued a statement after Trump’s account returned to the site, later adding that a customer support employee had used their last day at the company to deactivate Trump’s account. (Twitter)
2. The Soul Train Awards have released a list of amazing performers taking the stage at this year’s ceremony. Keyshia Cole, DVSN, Daniel Caesar, Luke James, Method Man, and more are set to perform at the annual awards. With these performers and Erykah Badu returning to host, we’re sure this will be another amazing show. (Billboard)
3. Michael Jackson’s son, Prince, is recovering after a motorcycle accident. The 20-year-old is at home resting after sustaining a knee injury and lacerations in an accident with another vehicle. His reps says he was transported to a local hospital and later discharged. (Today)
4. Oprah’s annual Favorite Things list is here and it is her longest gift list ever. The list includes hammocks, tequila, and an Amazon Echo Show. And, if you have enough cash to purchase everything on the list, that bill will add up to more than $14,000. (Fortune)
5. B.o.B.’s latest conspiracy theory is just as kooky as the last. The rapper now seems to believe that slave ships never existed. He shared on Instagram, “They say slavery lasted 400 yrs… America is only 250 yrs old… You ever seen a slave ship ? They can find a billion year old dinosaur bone but can’t find any slave ships.” Well, ok. (Instagram)
6. Jordan Peele has teamed up with CBS All Access for a Twilight Zone reboot. This is another in a list of highly-anticipated releases from the Get Out director. Peele is also working with Underground‘s Misha Green on an anthology series for HBO that mixes horror and race. He’s also teamed up with Spike Lee for Black Klansman. (The Hollywood Reporter)
7. Singer Miguel has released a new track from his upcoming album. “Told You So” will appear on War and Leisure, which is set to drop Dec. 1. (Twitter)
8. Fetty Wap was busted early Friday morning for allegedly drunk drag racing. The New Jersey rapper failed to pass a field sobriety test and was allegedly driving with a suspended license. (NBC New York)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!