Welcome Back! Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. Many of you may still be reeling this morning's royal wedding announcement, but before stepping into the office, catch up on all the other things you may have missed this weekend.
1. Reverend Al Sharpton plans to visit Meek Mill in prison. Sharpton believes he can help get the Philly rapper released from prison, adding that his previous success at getting Tupac released from solitary confinement in NY's Clinton Correctional Facility in the 90s could be helpful. (TMZ)
2. A drug dealer has been ordered to pay for the funeral of a teen who overdosed on fentanyl. Michael “Goldie” Chandler was sentenced to 17 years in prison for the death of the unidentified 17-year-old. (WCPO)
3. Syd is auctioning off items from famous friends like Kehlani and Vince Staples in an effort to raise money for School on Wheels and Project MuszEd. School on Wheels provides free tutoring to homeless youth, while Project MuszEd provides free or low cost music lesson. The auction will take place Dec. 9 in Los Angeles. (The Fader)
4. A mom faces jail time after secretly recording her daughter's bullies. Sarah Sims says numerous emails and phone calls to Ocean View Elementary School went unasnwered so she took matters into her own hands, placing a recorder in her daughter's backpack to catch the bullies in action. Now, Sims faces fives years in prison for felony use of a device to intercept oral communication and one year for the misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. (WISH-TV)
5. Drake's Denzel Washington tattoo is getting love from the man himself. Washington appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where he showed his appreciation for the rapper's ink. (YouTube)
6. A sex trafficker has been sentenced to a record 472 years in prison. Brock Franklin was found guilty of 30 out of 34 counts including human trafficking, child prostitution, sexual exploitation of a child, pimping of a child, kidnapping, and racketeering. (Jezebel)