Pat yourselves on the back, we’ve made it through Wednesday and now we’re one step closer to the weekend. There’s a lot going on this Thursday morning, so prepare for the day with the latest news.
1. Remy Ma has inked a multi-million dollar deal with Columbia Records. The rapper received several offers before signing with Columbia. Reports claim Ma is already busy working on a new project. (Billboard)
2. Papa John’s claims kneeling football players are hurting pizza sales. Instead of looking at their ingredients, Papa John’s founder and CEO John Schnatter says the NFL’s poor ratings and protests have hurt business. “Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership. The NFL has hurt Papa John’s shareholders.” (CNN Money)
3. Black-ish star Jenifer Lewis has opened up about battling sex addiction in her 20s. The actress reveals in her upcoming memoir, The Mother of Black Hollywood, her struggles with bipolar disorder and a “habit of sex serving as a nightcap” during her years on Broadway. (Daily Mail)
4. Vh1 has canceled Vanessa Williams and Tichina Arnold’s Daytime Divas. The series, based on Star Jones’ Satan’s Sisters, lasted one season. (Deadline)
5. Chilling details have been revealed in the child rape trial of Jelani Maraj. On Monday, Maraj’s stepdaughter revealed that he repeatedly began raping her at the age of 11. The victim says Maraj threatened to have her taken away from her mother and even instructed her on how to make anal sex less painful. She added that Maraj would blame her for the attacks, claiming she “wanted it to happen.” (Page Six)
6. 50 Cent is still 50 Cent. The rapper poked fun at Wendy Williams’ recent collapse, calling it “bad acting.” This isn’t the first time 50 has fired shots at Williams. The rapper also mocked Williams over beach photos that went viral over the summer. (XXL)