is_singular( 'article' ): 1
Article video enabled.
brightcove : 5148
Article has inline video, so at the end.
Happy hump day! Getting through Wednesday is usually the toughest part of the week, but you can set yourself up for success by checking out today’s buzziest news in this morning’s round-up.
1. Jennifer Hudson has dropped the emergency order of protection she filed against ex David Otunga and the two have reached a custody agreement over their 8-year-old son, David Jr. Otunga has been given primary custody as Hudson travels for work, but sources add that being a mother has always been the singer’s top priority. (TMZ)
2. Back Panther and The Good Place actor Bambadjan Bamba reveals he’s an undocumented refugee. The actor says his family fled Cote D’Ivoire in 1993 as the country became unstable. Bamba says he was moved to reveal his undocumented status after Trump’s continued efforts to rescind DACA. (LA Times)
3. Q-Tip is not happy with the Recording Academy. The rapper slammed the Grammys over snubbing A Tribe Called Quest’s final album, We Got It From Here… Thank You 4 Your Service. The group has only ever been nominated for three Grammys. (Rolling Stone)
4. A man who opened fired in an upstate New York mall has turned himself in. The man, who was not immediately identified, injured two, a mother and her 12-year-old son. (Daily News)
5. North Korea says its new missile puts the US within range. The Hwasong-15 missile was launched early Wednesday during testing with North Korean leaders calling it the country’s “most powerful” missile. (BBC)
6. Trump is reportedly reviving the Obama birther conspiracy theory behind closed doors. A senator, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, recalled a conversation in which Trump brought up the theory, despite condemning it during a press conference in 2016. (Daily News)
7. Eva Marcille took to Instagram to show off her growing baby bump. In early November, the actress and TV personality revealed she and boyfriend Michael Sterling were expecting their first child together. This will be Marcille’s second child. (Instagram)
8. Harvey Weinstein now faces sex trafficking charges. Actress Kadian Noble filed a complaint in New York that claims Weinstein coerced Kadian into sexual activity and that he “traveled in foreign commerce, knowingly recruiting or enticing Kadian.” The complaint also names The Weinstein Company and the disgraced producer’s brother, Bob, in facilitating Harvey’s actions. (Vulture)